In addition to the residential programs run by Edmund Rice Camps for Kids WA in the form of Mega and Mini Camps, the organisation also runs activity-based day programs.
These one-day programs are perfect for newly referred children and volunteers who're yet to go on residential programs. They're designed to give them an idea of what to expect and the values and ethos of ERCWA in a smaller dose.
Fun Fest programs involve the following personnel:
- 1 Camp Manager - responsible for the management of the day
- 1 Volunteer Coordinator – responsible for developing and executing the daily program
- 10 Volunteer Leaders – responsible for child minding and making sure the kids have FUN
- 12 Kids – children who have been referred to ERCWA and expressed interest in the program
- Ancillary Volunteers – responsible for transport on the day program
Fun Fest days are held at various locations around the Perth Metropolitan area, including:
- SciTech Discover Centre, West Perth
- Iona Presentation College, Mosman Park (for Masterchef challenges)
- Deep Water Point, Mount Pleasant
- Kings Park Synergy Playground, Perth
- Supa Golf, Swan Valley
- Garden City Shopping Centre, Booragoon (for special events)
- Bankwest Place, Perth (for special events)
- Bounce Trampoline Centre, Cannington
- Aquinas College, Salter Point
- The Great Escape, Hillarys
- Westcourt, Salter Point (for special events)
- The Kent Street Weir, Canning Vale
- The South Perth Foreshore, South Perth
- Ballajura Indoor Sports Centre, Malaga
Like our other programs, Funfests are age-specific. They would typically be grouped as follows:
- Younger Kids (children aged 7–10 years)
- Middle Kid (children aged 10–12 years)
- Early Teen (teens aged 12–14 years)
- Late Teen (teens aged 14–16 years)
- Family (Annual Christmas party)
All of our ERCKWA activities are based on a 1:1 volunteer to child ratio to give the children much-needed one-on-one time. The program operates with a two-leader policy, promoting child safety and security during the day.
Fun Fest days involve a great deal of fun and excitement, including delicious food. The children need only bring themselves, sun coverage and a water bottle!